Bookmark and Share

Monday, April 13, 2009

EDWARD SCISSORHANDS FAUX STENCILLED NOTEBOOK

I made this as a present for my son and he got a big kick out of it as he recently saw the movie for the first time and loved it.
Cost: 50 cents
Time: 10 minutes
Items used:
  • 1 spiral bound notebook
  • 1 printout of Edward Scissorhand stencil and two sets of the words "Edward Scissorhands"
  • 1 Glue stick
  • 10 small bottle of black glitter fabric paint (you could just use glitter glue)
I decorated a plain black notebook with a printout of an Edward Scissorhands stencil from the following site:
(I asked and received permission from the creator prior to using, if you decide to use the stencil, please contact her first to obtain permission).
I was pressed for time and did not have time to cut out and stencil the picture onto a separate sheet of paper; instead, I printed the stencil out then went over the black areas of the stencil and the wording with the black glitter fabric paint to give it dimension and the appearance of being stencilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment