Bookmark and Share

Saturday, May 29, 2010

MOJITO AMBROSIA SALAD




















A fun twist on an old favorite!

The first time I had ever had Ambrosia salad was when we made it in a Home Ec. class in Jr. High and the teacher said Ambrosia was from Greek Mythology and it was the food of the "Gods".   It was a salad made out of most of the ingredients that I used in this salad except I omitted the bananas and added pineapple instead along with the flavorings - I have been on a mojito flavored kick lately and decided to try it in this salad.

I was very happy with the flavor; it was light but with lots of textures,  a bit of crunch and a hint of a mojito flavor and I plan to make it a few more times over the summer and may make it for our next carry-in at work.

I usually include my son feedback, but he won't touch anything with shredded coconut in it as he hates the texture and said it grosses him out so I was not able to get any feedback from him on this one.


Ingredients:
  • 1 oz tub Whipped Topping
  • 1 teaspoon Mint Extract/Flavoring
  • 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
  • 1 teaspoon Rum Extract/Flavoring
  • 1 20 oz can of Crushed Pineapple
  • 1 10-12 oz bag of Mini-Marshmallows
  • 1 cup chopped Walnuts
  • 10-14 oz bag of shredded Coconut
In a large bowl mix the whipped topping, mint extract, lime juice and rum extract together.













Add in marshmallows, pineapple and walnuts to the mixture.













Fold items together until well mixed.
Add the coconut and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment