Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Revamped Purse

Front after






Front before

Back before
Back after





I found the purse on sale at a thrift store for $1 and almost didn't purchase it because of the scrape on the back and the color combination looking a little early 90's Etienne Aigner, but decided I would try revamping it.   I am happy with the way that it turned out as the black really makes the hardware pop and it almost looks like a girly gothic doctor's bag.

Items used:
  • Black shoe polish
  • Black acrylic paint
  • Sponge paintbrush
  • Masking tape
  • Clear gloss spray paint 
I first used shoe polish to buff out the scuffs on the back and elsewhere. 

I taped off the hardware with masking tape to avoid getting paint on it.

In painting the purse, I painted all areas that were a brownish maroon with black acrylic paint.  As part of the area was textured, I mostly dabbed the sponge over the area until it was completely covered.

Once all parts were painted, I painted the entire purse with a clear gloss spray paint to seal in the acrylic paint and to made the purse shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment