Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Girls Fireflies Dress from a T-Shirt



I always liked fireflies and decided to use up some of my glow-in-the-dark fabric paint to create a fireflies themed dress (girls size 2-3) using a green t-shirt.
Items used:
  • Free pattern and instructions from Dana from "Made"
  • T-Shirt (I used a women's large)
  • Printer and paper
  • Glow-In-The-Dark fabric paint
  • Scissors
  • Iron
  • Sewing machine and matching thread 
  • Straight pins
  • Saftey Pin (for turning the tie inside out)



The "fireflies" were made making a somewhat bottom heavy cross shape in a diagonal pattern on the front and back of the dress before stitching together.





 I adapted the "Warhol Dress" by Dana from "Made" and added 2 1/2 inches to the top of the pattern and folded under 1/2 inch, pressed then stitched down, then 1 1/4 inch, pressed then stitched down 1/4 inch from the edge at the bottom on each side. 






I then stitched the ties together inside out leaving the ends open and used a safety pin to turn right side out the pressed with an iron.
 I then  threaded the ties through to make it more adjustable as I am going to be sending it to Dress A Girl Around the World.



Linking up to:
Rhinestone Beagle

No comments:

Post a Comment