Bookmark and Share

Friday, February 22, 2013

No Sew Fleece Blanket from a Kit




This was made from a kit my son got for me for Christmas as he knows I like crafty things and our neighbor Dora made one and loves it and recommended it and he had made one previously for his Grandma.



 I am not for sure where he bought it, but I am guessing Walmart, but you can do the same thing with a two pieces of fleece that are a 1 1/2 yards and can easily be made while watching an hour long television program by laying them right sides facing out, cutting strips and tying them together.








Here is the blanket and link to the tutorial posted for the one my son made four years ago:

See Easy Gift To Make No Sew Fleece Lap Blanket and 1000's of others - or share your own on Cut Out + Keep

The only difference in the one he made and the instructions for this was to cut a 5 inch square out of each corner and I ended up using a inch wide ruler and measuring in 5 inches whereas on the one he made and on his just used a Popsicle stick for the length and width of the strips and just angled around the edges with diagonal cuts.






But looking at them side by side they look about the same so either way works fine as far as the blanket goes.

As far as my son goes, he was around 15 when he made his blanket and now a few inches taller at 19 but slouching.  In the first picture he is peaking over with pride and in the second one had to be bribed with gas in his vehicle so I could take a picture of the blanket and he doesn't want to be seen with anything that pink.









Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment